Customized Fabric-Wrapped Hanger Frame



Materials Already On-Hand:                    Cost of Project: $0
Wire Hanger from Dry Cleaners
Wire Cutters
Transparency Paper
Photocopy of Picture (found this one on Pinterest) 
White or Clear Glue (I used Tacky Glue)
Scissors
Fabric Piece to cut into a long strip
Tape (I used floral tape)



I bent and cut the wire hanger to fit the dimensions of the picture. Wrap cut area with tape, floral tape pictured. 


This fabric came from a pair of old shorts in a hand-me down bag of girl's clothes. To make the fabric strip continuous I started the cut from one corner and slowly worked my way to the center. 


An optional way of cutting the continuous strip of fabric can be found here at // Between the lines //.

Using the Tacky Glue around the corners and tip of the hanger, I wound and twisted the fabric covering the entire hanger. Start at the hook of the hanger and then work your way around one side. 

With the Tacky Glue I pressed the hanger onto the transparency paper then weighted it with books while it dried (overnight). Then I dabbed the glue on the photocopied picture to the other side of the transparency and let dry. 


Carefully cut around the outside edge of the frame. 


This frame hangs on the laundry room wall organizer I'm making. Our basement is unfinished so an upcycled pallet will function as a laundry room organizer. 


Poem Reads: 

Monday
When Monday comes, I get my tub, 
And rub and scrub, and scrub and rub!
My dollies wait all in a row
Till all their clothes are white as snow. 

I wish I only did laundry on Mondays! lol 


Comments

  1. Beautiful idea! I found your blog through An Oldie But a Good Link Party! I'm pleased to become one of your fixed reader: I'm passionate about reusing and recycling! Come on my blog, see you soon!
    Anna
    http://riusocreativo.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I love how simple it is, and I totally already have everything to do this!
    Nancy
    www.dosmallthingswithlove.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment