Garden Junque Part 2

Junque in the Garden, Part 1  was published thirteen, almost fourteen months ago. I'm not even sure what happened to keep me too busy to create a Part 2. Other than time, the other element that separates the two parts is that Part 1 is junque I kept for myself and Part 2 is junque I made for someone else to purchase...or hopefully purchase.

All of these items were found on trash day. I love making money from someone else's discards. The other day, while driving around treasure hunting my six year old asked, "Why do these people throw all these good stuffs away?" He ponders his own question than replies, "They aren't problem solvers like you, mom." This kid's a keeper!

Without further adu, Garden Junque Part 2:

Step Stool Converted to Plant Stand


 Look at all that natural rust. Thank you Mother Nature!



Painted in exterior paint from the oops paint shelf. Tried not to cover over all the rust. Its part of the charm. 

What is this? Its such a funny size, not large, not medium, nor does it qualify for small. Maybe medium small? It only fits tiny pots, one per shelf. Maybe a decorative display for toilet paper? A unique canned soup holder?  Or a standing mail organizer?                                                                                                                                                              This was originally black and included the two pots which were the MOST boring shade of beige. Blah.


Same exterior paint from the step stool was dry brushed on but left some of the black exposed. It created a very lovely effect. 



The pots were simply covered in rope. I might have to do something a little more exciting to them soon because they've been sitting in the booth for a while. The step stool and the wire plant stand flew out the door. I'm running out of things to put these on!



Maybe stencil an anchor on them? To match the remaining Anchor Tote. That would be cute.



This chair is totally trash. Like as soon as I put it in my backyard and realized how broken it was I was tempted to drive back to the dumpster and return it. The back is split and its totally unsafe to sit on, you'd lean back and fall on the floor. This thing needed more than a makeover, it needed a new purpose. A chair it ain't.

This random pot was sitting neglected in my backyard...which means its a spider habitat I'd rather not have! Cut a small hole in the seat, used the sawed off pieces to reinforce around the hole so it can manage the weight of a soil filled pot.

This piece isn't moving either. To increase its appeal I made it this lovely sign. Made me snicker. Inside the pot are copies of vines ideal for our region. ~hint hint hint~ Hopefully someone will see the vision and cart this re-purposed chair to its new home. 



The End

Comments

  1. Love the flying out of repurposed finds. Great paint color too.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those rope pots. I am so surprised they haven't sold. I think they would great during the summer season with a few blooms inside!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment