New Stuffed Bunnies

One of my favorite Spring projects were these stuffed bunnies. They can be used as a door decoration or placed on a wreath. I quickly sold out of my stash and needed more.


These bunnies are small enough that I'm able to use remnants or fabric pieces leftover from other projects.










Denim from torn jeans forms the back of each bunny. I hate throwing out jeans that are beyond wearing but still have perfectly good sections of denim left. I was happy to find a reuse for some of the fabric.


My previous bunnies were adorned with carrots made from scrap cloth which created a neat rustic effect but then I saw this little bunny in the clearance section. It sold me on the cord style carrots. The texture was visually appealing to me.














To make this look, I dyed white twine/heavy string (I don't really know what it is) with Harvest Orange acrylic paint mixed with a textile medium. After the twine was wrapped around, each carrot was given a final coat of paint to cover any gaps and dots of hot glue that were peaking out.


*** Before getting further into this post I should give another shoutout to Posed Perfection for inspiring this idea with her burlap wrapped carrots.  Click Here to see her excellent tutorial. ***


The Harvest Orange carrots complemented the chevron bunnies perfectly.

But the striped bunnies needed a more toned down color and luckily I had some rusty orange twine in my stash. I'm thankful that I regularly peruse the discount fabric and ribbon bin for goodies. Its true, never know when you'll need it! (A hoarder's rule-of-thumb.)

close up of a craft fair display
I strive to improve my crafting skills and have
adopted Lowe's slogan: Never Stop Improving. I asked myself, "How can I improve this project? What would make this better?" Twine wrapping the wire hanger helped create a more finished look. I also added button eyes.



 And the final products: 









Like What You See? Available for Purchase Here In My Etsy Store

December Craft Fair Display


Pin Friendly



Comments

  1. Those bunnies are so cute!!

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved seeing your smash journal on your blog. Great idea!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I love your bunnies and your carrots. I might have to try to make those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will turn out super cute, I'm sure! Maybe you can come up with a no-sew version, I always enjoy your posts on those since I have more of an "acquaintance relationship" with my sewing machine.

      Delete
  3. These are super cute and I love the use of the old denim on the backs and the rustic carrots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of denim, too. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. These bunnies are really cute and although I have seen all kinds of bunny crafts this year, your is different because of the little hangar. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the different bunny/carrot/spring crafts that come out this time of year. Especially if its been a snow-filled winter. Its good to get some color back! Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  5. Audra, These are adorable!!!
    I stopped by to see your carrots :)I forgot to tell you I had a tablescape on my youtube channel. xoLisa
    freshvintagebylisas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I checked out your youtube channel and subscribed. Cute stuff!

      Delete

Post a Comment