Refreshed Pallet Planter Box


This pallet planter originally started out with a Christmas theme. After two seaons of craft fairs I had one red handled planter left, all the others sold. Rather than lug it back and forth for another craft fair season I decided to refresh it. 

the pallet box in front receives
a refreshed makeover



While contemplating the color I measured the tree branch to replace the handle. The branch was actually one of the trunks from an artificial tree, see below.


Cover artThis freebie tree is very much like The Giving Tree as far as my crafty world is concerned. I've already used some of the leaves to make faux feathers. Most of one branch/trunk is used for this project. Still have two whole branches, a small branch, and most of the leaves to use. Who knows what will come next?
 Found these hole driller thingies (not sure what they are called) at a garage sale for .25cents each. It was excited to finally use them after hiding under my craft hoard for the better part of a year. 


Refresh Pizazz: 
1. homemade chalk paint applied lighter in other areas to mimic an aged look
2. light distressing
3. Jacobean stencil pattern in white acrylic 
4. sealed entire box with a clean satin sealer

And the final product: 

(Wrong time of the year for fresh flowers so these fake ones will have to do for now. There's always one last good dump of snow in the early Spring before winter official fades away.)





Jelly jars are repurposed as plant holders. Sometimes I mix in tin cans or empty Starbucks Frappuccino glass jars.








I don't think I'll have a problem selling this beauty now.

Pin for inspiration:


Happy Spring! 

Comments

  1. Very rustic. Love the color. It's so fresh and I am a sucker for stenciled projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stencil really brought this project together. I'd completely forgotten that I had it!

      Delete
  2. Love the idea, and the stencil looks so right on this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment